SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR | NAHJ CENTRAL FLORIDA
Appointed official of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ) Central Florida chapter for the 2020 term, in charge of the local chapter’s social media efforts for our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Schedule and publish bilingual social media copywriting—in English and Spanish—to inform our members of local and national chapter events, announcements, career and education opportunities.
Increased our social media following numbers by 70% on Twitter and 30% on Facebook starting in February 2020 by implementing hashtags and visual elements (photos, videos, emojis) to compliment text posts.
Attend board meetings to discuss and collaborate with chapter officials on call-to-action plans for social media engagement and promotion of future events and workshops, both in person and online.
Welcome new and seasoned local chapter members at each event, in order to ensure an open, welcoming environment and embrace our mission of having #MoreLatinosInNews
DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER | ORLANDO SENTINEL
Serve as homepage and social media producer, reporting and collaborating with the audience engagement team by helping manage digital content for the largest news publication in Central Florida.
Maintain proper rotation of Orlando Sentinel’s daily articles on the main website based on viewing retention statistics using Chartbeat and solid news judgment of Central Florida’s news readership. Curate photo galleries, breaking news and evergreen content using Arc Publishing system. Write daily broadcast scripts based on Orlando Sentinel’s top weekday stories for voice briefs using smart speakers like Amazon Alexa.
Proofread and schedule social media posts and mobile push notifications on trending stories daily through SocialFlow and Urban Airship content management systems. Respond to Twitter messages and moderate Facebook comments in order to maintain active discussion while abiding by legal and regulatory guidelines.
Set up Orlando Sentinel’s daily newsletter—Orlando Morning Report—by adding top articles and reviewing newsletter format before deadlines (6 a.m. on weekdays, 8 a.m. on weekends). Set up alerts for the weekly podcast—Orlando Sentinel News Now—by embedding Facebook Livestream on our homepage before deadline (Monday through Friday at noon).
Highlights include social media management during President Trump’s reelection campaign in Orlando and daily updates on Hurricane Dorian’s path toward Central Florida.
VIDEO PRODUCER | THE STATE NEWSPAPER
Winter 2017—Spring 2018
Produce, edit, and upload video content for South Carolina’s daily newspaper within digital platforms such as our main website and social media. Collaborate with reporters on producing complimentary multimedia content—using Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects—such as text-caption videos summarizing articles, on top of filming and editing footage to enhance the article (interviews, B-roll footage). Monitor viral content, spike alerts, video plays and analytics via Chartbeat and Adobe Omniture.
Highlights include compilation gallery videos on local sports prodigies throughout South Carolina, breaking news video curator on fatal Amtrak train crash in Cayce, SC, producing a summary explainer on arrest details of Morgan Roof—younger sibling of Charleston church shooter Dylann Roof—in Richland County.
FREELANCE JOURNALIST | DLC CREATIVES, LLC
Self-employed contributor to several publications on print and online mediums based on the knowledge and research on subject materials.
Bylines included are South Florida Gay News on OUTCon preview blurb, profiles on South Florida’s prominent LGBT competitive eSports players for special video games/Gaymer issue, Japan Travel.com for a travel feature based on Shonen Jump’s indoor theme park, WLRN 91.3 FM Miami for a multimedia coverage piece on the 10-year anniversary celebration of a cultural open-mic venue, and Huffington Post: Latino Voices on an op-ed post about 2016 Olympics.
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA | GAINESVILLE, FL
Graduate Certificate in Mass Communication: Social Media
UF’s College of Journalism and Communications
FLORIDA ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY | BOCA RATON, FL
Bachelor of Arts in Multimedia Studies: Multimedia Journalism
FAU’s Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters
August 2012—August 2017
- Orlando Bloggers Union Guest Speaker – Video Editing 101 panel (2019)
- National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ) Miami 2018 attendee
- Flamingo Film Festival (2017) – “Women’s March Miami” Official Selection Screening
- Chicas Poderosas FIU participant (2016)
- The Associated Press Media Editors NewsTrain attendee (2015)
SKILLS & SOFTWARE
- Native Bilingual: Spanish & English (Read, Write, Speak)
- Interpersonal Skills: organization techniques, detail-oriented, analytical skills, public speaking, teamwork and collaboration, research and fact-checking.
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite: Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, After Effects
- Technology Equipment: Windows & Mac OS, Sony Alpha SLR camera and native lenses, external microphone, portable audio recorder, tripod and monopod setup.
- Social Media Metrics: Chartbeat, SocialFlow, Urban Airship, OneSignal, CrowdTangle, Adobe Omniture, Google Trends, HootSuite
- Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel
- Basic HTML 5, CSS and WordPress.com & WordPress.org technical knowledge
- Associated Press style editing and formatting